I admit that last year wasn’t a very good one for our family. 4 people fairly close to me have passed away. My great-grandfather passed the day before my birthday. Our family learned how to cope with the losses and look at the brighter side making us stronger. And those four people will never be forgotten. On a happier note, I think that we as a family have gotten closer and I learned how to be thankful for the little things.
photo by Yanna Yang
On new years eve, although wearing mostly black I maintained having a positive attitude. We made sure that all of the girls removed their pearl earrings! (my great-grandmother told us that pearls are bad luck for new years.) I want 2014 to be the best year yet for all of us. I’m looking at all the highlights from last year and moving forward. This year, I made much more new years resolutions than I ever did before and I’d like to share some.
1) Be Happy. There are times when just the littlest things get on my nerves and my mood changes just like that. Now, I aim to keep calm and smile even at the toughest times.
2) Be kind to my family. I think this is for all of us! Hopefully we’ll be able to reduce the number of arguments with our siblings and parents.
3) Be more responsible. There are soooo many times where I always misplace or loose my things. And others where I simply don’t do what is told. Time for a change, listen to your elders!
4) Do homework before anything else. This is a rule my mom made for my brothers and I. Last year there were many cases where I didn’t follow it. But to keep my grades up, I know I have to!
Photo from my annual report by WordPress
5)Write more constantly on Absolutely Savvy. Last year I remember posting something once every three weeks to a month, and I wrote a total of 69 posts. Hopefully I don’t get lazy and the number of posts becomes 100 this year.
6) Develop my interest for fashion. Recently I’ve been sticking to one style which my mom calls ‘sloppy’ haha! Anyways besides going back to trying out different styles, I WILL read the books i got as presents about fashion. And maybe even start designing and making clothes? just a thought. Wish me luck!
7) Continue journey as a stylist. Style Lab kicked off my mini career. I can do little things just like helping my titas pick their outfits or dress up my mannequins when I’m bored haha! I know that it isn’t easy to be a stylist. So placing masking tape on the bottom of shoes might lead me to something bigger someday.
8) Travel to America. This year I hope to see my cousins in Seattle. Sarah, Emily, Danni and Nikki we miss you so much! Also going to New York and visiting parsons and watching broadway shows would be a dream come true. Fingers crossed :).
Photo by watblog.com
9) Less time on social networking sites. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ask.fm and all those sites are distractions to my learning. I think I’m on the verge of being an addict. This resolution is hard but would be great for all us students.
10) Be more fit. And I don’t really mean lose weight because there is a difference. I’m not quite sure yet how I’m going to do this but I really want to skate more. Now that the rink in megamall will open, I might just have a chance :).
11) Improve on singing. With the help of my voice coaches, I aim to make both my head and natural voice become stronger. Also, I’ll try to sing other genres of music rather than just broadway. Oh, and get better at sight singing because right now, I’m terrible at it!
12) Get involved in theatre. From the Mamma Mia number I joined for my skating friends debut, I found it really exciting. Ever since before, I’ve always loved performing. I’m going to find something either if it’s just a school play or something as big as Serye at Sayaw.
photo by favim.com
13) Read more books. one achievement for me last year was that I actually started reading. Here’s something to stop me from being on the internet too much, reading!
14) Focus on the more important things. Right now I know that school is my number one priority. After comes friends and hobbies. I’ll make sure nothing gets in the way of reaching the grades I want. But don’t worry, I’ll make time for the other things I want :).
Photo by Aya Cabuautan
Fourteen new years resolutions, and I have a few more but they’re just for me. I’m so excited for this new year and the new challenges I will face. On december 31 of 2014, it would be great to look back at this post and say I’ve achieved all of these things but I know I can’t do it alone. It takes a lot of hard work! Will I be able to achieve everything? Thats for me to find out. Happy new year everyone! (sorry its late) What’s your new years resolutions?